A three-day/two-night trip from Paris to Avignon to savor the highlights of Provence.
Visit Avignon, the "Pope's Palace", Châteauneuf-du-Pape, the Pont du Gard and much more...
Price: $655 per person - Three star hotel, $780 per person - Four star hotel
Rail to/from Paris not included in price. (Please enter the date you'd like to arrive in Avignon for day one of the tour.) One Night in Provence and Ultimate Provence (five days/four nights) are also available.
Three Days in Provence Itinerary
Day 1 : Avignon
You'll meet your driver at the Avignon rail station upon your arrival from Paris. From there you'll be transferred to your hotel in central Avignon.
Afternoon at leisure and a visit to the "Pope's Palace" (tickets included). Next, visit the Pont d'Avignon (audio-guide included).
Dinner on your own and overnight at hotel.
The "Pope's Palace" in Avignon
Day 2 : "Provence in a Day"
In the morning you'll be picked up at your hotel. Enjoy a semi-private (8 people maximum) full-day tour to discover the most beautiful monuments and sites of Provence. Highlights include:
- Luberon regional park, a region full of charm, known for its beautiful countryside and picturesque hill-top villages.
- Roussillon, one of "the most beautiful villages in France", famous for its red and yellow ocher cliffs and unusual natural landscape.
- Gordes, a perched village in Luberon, also one of "the most beautiful villages in France", completely built with dry stones.
- Visi to the Lavender Museum, exploring this beautiful flower symbol of Provence. During July and August, guests will see a demonstration of the distillation process
- Stop at the Antiques of Saint Rémy de Provence (Triumphal Arch and Funerary Monument) among olive trees; this landscape was painted several times by Van Gogh.
- Les Baux de Provence, morning visit to this village set 245 meters high upon a rock.
- Visit the Pont du Gard, the best-preserved part of a Roman aqueduct, as classified by UNESCO. Truly a breathtaking monument to Roman history.
Dinner on your own and overnight.
Day 3 : Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Pick up at your hotel. Enjoy a semi-private half-day tour to the vineyards.
2 options, depending on your travel date:
- On Monday and Thursday: 2 wine tastings in Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- On other days: 1 wine tasting in Châteauneuf-du-Pape and then a visit of the Roman theater at Orange.
Drop-off at the Avignon TGV station at 1:00 pm at the end of the tour.
Transfer to Paris via TGV rail.
The Tour Includes:
- 2 nights hotel in Avignon (city taxes included).
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfers and transportation by minibus with English-speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees for scheduled activities
Not included: Lunch and dinner. Rail to/from Paris.
LinkParis.com will gladly book your round-trip rail from Paris to Provence. If not booking rail through LinkParis.com, please do not book your train tickets until instructed to do so by us. The exact train schedule and pick up time at the Avignon rail station will always be confirmed by our reservation department when booking. Special time schedules apply on bank holidays.
A supplement of $125 applies to single rooms and solo travelers. Minimum of 2 persons per booking.
Looking for a Private Group Tour? We offer great options for your group.
LinkParis.com | 424-386-5222 | Family Owned | Since 2002 | US Based Company