Chateau de Langeais
Château de Langeais was built in the mid-1400’s by Jean Bourré, minister of Louis XI. Famously, Charles VIII and Anne of Brittany were married here in 1491, making independent Brittany into a region of France.
In the 1880’s, restoration was begun by its new owner, banker Jacques Siegfried, who spent 20 years assembling appropriate furnishings and tapestries. The castle, to this day, accurately portrays 15th century day to day life at a castle.